The United Nations Committee against Torture has published its Concluding Observations following Ireland's first periodic review under UNCAT.
The Recommendations cover a number of areas, including (but not limited to):
- Prison conditions
- Detention of refugees and asylum seekers
- Complaints and investigations mechanisms
- Children in detention
- Follow-up to the Ryan report
- Magdalene Laundries
The Concluding Observations can be downloaded by clicking the icon above.
- UN Committee against Torture: 46th session (9 May - 3 June 2011)
- IPRT Press Release
- ICCL Press Release
- Dept of Justice Press Release
The hearings, which took place in Geneva on 23/24 May, were webcast by IPRT/ICCL here: www.ustream.tv/channel/iprt
The recordings of the sessions are available here: