The Minister for Justice has published the Report of the Inspector of Prisons, Judge Michael Reilly, into the circumstances surrounding the death of a prisoner at Cloverhill Courthouse Complex in December 2011.
Links to relevant information and publications are included below.
- Minister for Justice: Press Release
- Inspector of Prisons: Report of an Investigation into the circumstances surrounding the death of Shane Rogers at Cloverhill Courthouse Complex
- Irish Prison Service: Action Plan on the Recommendations made by the Inspector of Prisons
- IPRT Press Release: Announcement on prison death investigations must be matched with adequate resources and legal powers (April 2012)
- IPRT Press Release: Deaths in prisons: the need for strengthened mechanisms of accountability (Dec 2011)
- IPRT Position Paper 7: Complaints, Monitoring and Inspection in Prisons
- IPRT Publication: Deaths in Prison Custody: Information for Families & Others Affected