The School of Law, UCC is seeking art work from children who have a family member in prison.
Art works will be exhibited in the Jennings Art Gallery in University College Cork, Ireland.
The exhibition is designed to encourage children to express their feelings about having a family member in prison.
The closing date for entries is 15 November 2014.
For more information email email@example.com
Information and rules of entry:
- Pictures must be sent to Dr Aisling Parkes c/o School of Law, University College Cork, Cork.
- They must arrive by 15th November 2014.
- They can be in any art medium – paint, pencil, crayon, collage.
- They should be a maximum A3 size.
- The themes for the art are
a. Visiting a family member in Prison
b. Fears and worries about having a family member in prison
c. Hopes for the future
- All pictures should be anonymous.
- Please note, pictures cannot be returned.
- Pictures will be displayed to the public in a sensitive and anonymous manner. There is no guarantee that all art will be displayed, this will be subject to the capacity of the art gallery.
- The art will be used to create posters to raise awareness of the rights of children affected by imprisonment and distributed to suitable organisations/venues.