All Party Penal Reform Group Briefing Seminar, 6th October 2016
Senator Ivana Bacik hosted the first All Party Penal Reform Group Briefing Seminar of the 32nd Dáil and the 25th Seanad on Thursday 6th October 2016 in the AV Room, Leinster House. Deputy Jim O'Callaghan TD introduced a draft Private Member's Bill entitled ‘Parole Bill 2016’ before the Dáil and this formed the topic of the seminar.
Hosted by Senator Bacik, speakers for this event were:
- Mr. Jim O’Callaghan, T.D.
- Mr. John Costello, Chairman of the Parole Board
- Dr Diarmuid Griffin, Department of Law, NUI Galway
- Mr. Thomas O'Malley, Department of Law, NUI Galway & the Irish Sentencing Information System
- Ms. Deirdre Malone, Executive Director, IPRT
A presentation given by Dr. Griffin can be viewed here.
IPRT's Briefing on Parole and Temporary Release of prisoners serving long sentences (updated October 2016) can be accessed here.