The Probation Service Annual Report 2017 has been published by Minister Flanagan.
In 2017, the Probation Service:
- Completed over 11,000 Probation Reports and almost 2,500 Community Service Assessments for the courts nationwide
- Worked with over 15,000 offenders referred to the Probation Service by the courts nationwide
- Managed 2,200 Community Service Orders, totalling 336,573 hours work, in lieu of 973 years in prison. This equates to over €3 million of unpaid work for the benefit of communities nationwide
- Worked with almost 3,000 prisoners
- Worked with 1,446 women offenders, representing 16% of all new court referrals
Statistics on the work of the Probation Service over the period are available from P.49 of the Annual Report 2017.