In May 2012, IPRT is co-hosting three regional seminars in Cork, Limerick and Dublin, focusing on prisoner rights and also the rights and needs of children of imprisoned parents. Information for families about deaths in prison custody will also be presented and discussed.
The Know Your Rights - Your Rights as a Prisoner booklet, produced jointly by IPRT and ICCL, will also be introduced at each seminar.
These seminars are open to community organisations and service providers working with prisoners or with families and communities affected by imprisonment. The seminars will also provide a forum for the experiences of those affected by imprisonment.
LIMERICK (view agenda here)
Hosted in conjunction with the Bedford Row Family Project
- Venue: Bedford Row Family Project, Bedford Row Limerick
- Date: Tuesday, 1st May 2012
- Time: 2.00pm - 4.30pm (Registration from 1.30pm, with tea/coffee and sandwiches.)
DUBLIN (view agenda here)
Hosted in conjunction with CAP (Care After Prison)
- Venue: Carmelite Centre, 56 Aungier Street, Dublin 2
- Date: Wednesday, 2nd May 2012
- Time: 2pm - 4.30pm (Registration from 1.30pm with tea/coffee and sandwiches.)
CORK (view agenda here)
Hosted in conjunction with the Cork Alliance Centre
- Venue: Ambassador Hotel, Military Hill
- Date: Tuesday, 8th May 2012
- Time: 2.30pm - 4.30pm (Registration from 2pm with tea/coffee and sandwiches.)
To register for any of the three events, please contact Mary Gaffney at tel: 01-8741400 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
The Know Your Rights - Your Rights as a Prisoner publication and seminars are funded by the Irish Research Council for the Humanities and Social Sciences, as part of its Research Development Initiative.
Know Your Rights is a public information project of the Irish Council for Civil Liberties (ICCL), designed to inform people in clear and accessible language about their rights under various key areas of the law in Ireland. Find out more at www.knowyourrights.ie