Irish Penal Reform Trust submission to CPT, March 2006.
3rd March 2006
This submission was prepared by IPRT for the European Committee for the Prevention of Torture and Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment (CPT) in advance of its 2006 visit to places of detention in Ireland. Its purpose was to highlight our key concerns regarding the treatment of prisoners and detainees in the State, and to encourage the CPT to review these issues during its visit.
The submission considers:
- Prison Conditions & Oversight
- Mental Health
- HIV/AIDS and Hepatitis C
- Juvenile Detention
- Immigration-related Detention
- Patricia Brazil, Barrister – Lecturer at Trinity College Dublin; IPRT Board of Directors
- Claire Hamilton, Barrister – IPRT Chairperson; Lecturer in Criminology at Dublin Institute of Technology
- Dr. Ursula Kilkelly – Senior Lecturer in Law, University College Cork; IPRT Board of Directors
- Rick Lines – Executive Director, Irish Penal Reform Trust
To download the submission, click on the icon above.