Oberstown Campus: Report Finds Supportive Education for Students
19th February 2018
Oberstown Children Detention Campus school has received a positive report from the Department of Education, who carried out their inspection in December 2017.
Inspection report found the quality of support for students ‘commendable’. Particular points of note from the report include:
- High quality of teaching and learning.
- Staff hold high expectations for students and promote innovation and creativity, and celebrate their achievements.
- Management of the school has very good practice.
- Progress has been made in developing individual education plans for students.
- However, teachers have raised concerns about the levels of educational background information received on students entering Oberstown.
- Report emphasised the scope to review timetabling to ensure the provision of breadth and balance across curricular areas is consistence.
The report had particularly high praise for the student experience at Oberstown, stating that “Students are supported with care and sensitivity and an ethos of respectful teacher-student interactions is in evidence”.
Read the full report here.